Wednesday, May 04, 2005

click here for blog 7

An overhead view of The Wiltern Theater, built in 1929, located on the corner of Wilshire Boulevard and Western Avenue, in Los Angleles, California... I went here with a friend, in 1969, to see "Ben-Hur" (1959) with Charlton Heston...When I was seventeen years old, in 1960, April, I cleaned my sister and brother-in-law`s (Kenneth Hadley) house, which, at the time, was located on Raylene street, only 3 or 4 blocks from our house on Elaine street, in Pomona...I cleaned it from top to bottom to earn the money to buy tickets for everyone so we could go to Hollywood and to the Egyptian Theater to see "Ben Hur", at the time, and just after it won eleven Academy Awards at the Award Ceremony of April, 1960...All of our family who went were: myself, my brother-in-law, my sister, my grandmother and my mother....

Please click on photo for larger image...

No comments: