Wednesday, May 04, 2005

click for blog 8

My sister, Dorothy Lee`s Pomona High School senior class photo. 1952...It was later on, either in 1952 or 1953 when she married Kenneth Hadley, who also attended Pomona High School and graduated in 1951...Kenneth lived over on the other side of town on Currier Street in Pomona...His father was a truck driver and they originally came from Canada...Kenneth was a real macho type guy and that was always where his head was at when you tried to communicate with him...After marrying my sister, Kenneth sort of just moved right in and took over...H e also wanted to take over me and my brother and become our father, who we didn`t have, since the death of our grandfather, "Papa Joe", in 1951...Kenneth was a domineering type of guy, also...He, right away, began criticizing me and berating me and making feel very insignificant as a human being...And especially after I was tricked into going down to Florida with my sister when he stationed at MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa...After that, he really felt he had complete authourity over me, since my mother just turned me over to him and my sister in order that she wouldn`t have to deal with me any longer...From that point on, this guy acted as my father because it was approved, not officially in writing, or anything, but everyone knew she was completely okay with Kenneth acting as my father, therefore, relieving her of the responsibility...My mother never wanted me...She, I suspect, was actually a lesbian and wanted all girls and no boys...My mother would never interfere when this Kenneth would humiliate me in front of other family relatives who were visiting, and berate me and make me look foolish in front of people...This was all quite alright with her and my grandmother...Because in the end, it was just my mother and grandmother who only wanted each other and no one else, so they methodically eliminated the rest of the family, especially my brother and myself, they got rid of their house on Elaine street in Pomona, so there would not be room for any other family members, except for her and my grandmother, and maybe a dog and a cat, and then they moved into a two bedroom apartment in Claremont, Calif., right nest to Pomona in 1966, which was the last residence my mother had before she disappeared forever, and this was where my grandmother also was living when she died in 1978, in this apartment in Claremont on Towne Avenue...I came from a disfunctional family... Very, very much so....

Please click on photo for larger image...

No comments: